What is a Mini-Split System?
Mini-split systems have two main components: an outdoor compressor/condenser, and an indoor air-handling unit. A conduit, which houses the power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and a condensate drain, links the outdoor and indoor units.
The main advantages of mini-splits are their small size and flexibility for zoning or heating and cooling individual rooms. Ductless mini-split systems are also often easier to install than other types of space conditioning systems.
For more than 30 years, MitsubishiElectric US, Inc. Cooling & Heating Division’s (Mitsubishi Electric) advanced climate control systems have helped enhance customers’ homes and lives. Our systems provide personalized comfort while conserving energy and promoting environmental sustainability. Our Heating & Air Conditioning Company is proud to utilize the excellent products from Mitsubishi Electric.
Air Quality – Advanced features keep your indoor air clean and healthy
- Advanced Multi-Stage Filtration: Capture and remove contaminants that trigger allergy and asthma symptoms, spread illness and impact air quality.
- Platinum Deodorizing Filter: Available on select systems, Platinum Deodorizing filters use nanotechnology to absorb odors to neutralize the worst smells.
- Washable Filters: Washable filters last up to 10 years and give you another way to save money and reduce environmental impact.
Efficiency – Our systems are up to 40% more efficient than conventional HVAC
- Inverter-Compressor Technology: Conventional systems are either on or off. All or nothing. Our compressors ramp up or down based on the needs of each room to maintain comfort and conserve energy.
- Zone-By-Zone Control: Control each zone in your home independently and even turn off zones that are not in use.
- Energy Star: Many of our systems are ENERGY STAR qualified and may be eligible for federal and state tax credits or local utility rebates.
Hyper-Heating – Our new technology keeps you warm no matter how cold it is outside
- Hyper-Heating H21: Designed to provide comfortable indoor temperatures in extreme cold-climate conditions (as low as -13° F) while saving energy and money.
- Minimal Energy Consumption: INVERTER zoning systems deliver only the amount of hot air needed to achieve the desired temperature: no more, no less.
- Instant Hot Start: Hot-Start technology ensures you feel warm air immediately
Whisper Quiet – Our systems quietly adjust to your comfort needs
- No Ducts, No Noise: Ductless solutions and short-run ducted systems deliver cooled and heated air directly to the rooms they serve, without the need for noisy fans.
- Quiet By Design: All system components are designed to work in quiet harmony with details like an insulated compressor compartment and vibration dampeners.
- No Noisy On And Off: You never have to hear the disruptive clanging of a central air system turning on and off again. With our systems, that noise is a thing of the past.
Smart Controls – Convenient smartphone apps make it easier to adjust and manage your comfort
- Remote Comfort: Remotely adjust your settings so every room in your home is the perfect temperature, avoiding unexpected cold and hot surprises upon your return.
- Total Zone Control: RedLINK™ technology allows you to connect up to 16 devices to your cooling and heating system, without interfering with other wireless home devices.
- Program Settings: Program schedules for mode and temperature with our kumo cloud app and create reminders to check the status of filters.
Constant Comfort – Systems adjust automatically to keep your rooms comfortable
- Zoned Monitoring: Air handlers in each room measure return air and adjust automatically, rather than adjusting to conditions measured by a thermostat in a different room.
- 3D I-SEE Sensor: For select units, 3D i-see Sensor scans the room, detecting occupants’ heat signatures, and adjusts temperature and airflow to maintain temperature and eliminate cold or hot spots.
- Inverter Technology: Rather than turning on and off at certain temperature thresholds, INVERTER technology continuously ramps up or down to maintain the desired temperature.